Frequent Questions

Where can I access facility and hazardous waste management data?

The disposal of solid and hazardous waste is regulated under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA). In compliance with RCRA requirements, hazardous waste management data is contained in RCRAInfo, a national program management and inventory system.

Additional Resources:

You may also use the Envirofacts website to locate RCRAInfo data for specific hazardous waste handlers by their facility name or ID number, or location information such as zip code. This site can be used to find a range of information on most treatment, storage, and disposal facilities regarding permit and closure status, compliance with federal and state regulations, and cleanup activities. Search Envirofacts

The same data files that are supplied to Envirofacts can also be accessed for downloading from the publicly accessible EPA File Transfer Protocol (FTP) Server: Index of RCRA Flat Files

A comprehensive documentation and help guide is also available to explain the flat file specifications and data element values: RCRAInfo V5 Public Flat File Documentation, May 2017 (PDF) (24pp, 115K, About PDF)


Since most States are authorized to implement the Federal regulations, you can contact your State environmental agency for additional guidance on hazardous waste and landfill data.

Have more questions? Submit a request


Please sign in to leave a comment.