Frequent Questions

Where can I find information on controlling stormwater on my property?

Residential stormwater management issues are handled at the local level. You may want to contact your local authorities for information on local regulations and to ask if assistance is available. Some local authorities also handle stormwater-related complaints.

Information about stormwater management can be found on EPA’s National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Web site.

For general information about nonpoint source pollution, or, pollution that is caused by rain or snowmelt moving over and through polluted ground, you may wish to review the information found on EPA’s Nonpoint Source Pollution (NPS) Web site.

Additional related resources from EPA:

Have more questions? Submit a request


Please sign in to leave a comment.