Congress has passed a number of laws related to lead. These laws address lead in paint, dust and soil; lead in the air; lead in water; and disposal of lead wastes. EPA is addressing lead contamination and resulting hazards under these laws in many ways, including by issuing and enforcing regulations.
Find out more about Lead Laws and Regulations
Contact your EPA Regional Lead Coordinator
Information about lead-based paint disclosure requirements:
- Real Estate Disclosure - know your rights and responsibilities as a Homebuyer, Renter, Property Manager, Landlord, Real Estate Agent, or Homeseller
- Protect Your Family from Lead in Your Home - Real Estate Disclosure Pamphlet
- Lead Residential Lead-Based Paint Disclosure Program (Section 1018 of Title X)
- Hazard Standards for Lead in Paint, Dust and Soil (TSCA Section 403)
- Renovation, Repair and Painting Program: Property Managers
Questions? Contact the National Lead Information Center.