Frequent Questions

Where can I get information on oil spills?

For emergencies and other sudden threats to public health, such as:

  • oil and/or chemical spills,
  • radiation emergencies, and
  • biological discharges,

call the National Response Center at 1-800-424-8802.

The following frequent questions contain important information about reporting oil spills:

General information regarding EPA’s emergency response to oil spills is available on the following Web pages:

Information about specific oil spills is available from the following EPA Web pages:

Historical information is also available in this EPA document:

Further government resources concerning oil spills are available on the following Web pages: 

Have more questions? Submit a request


Please sign in to leave a comment.