Frequent Questions

Where can I find information on the use of road salt and sidewalk deicing materials?

For information on the use, storage and handling of road and sidewalk deicing materials, please see the following:

See Polluted Runoff: Nonpoint Source (NPS) Pollution to learn about how this affects pollution control, or contact EPA’s NPS Control Branch:

U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Nonpoint Source Control Branch (4503T)
1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20460

Ask NPS A Question

You may also want to read the following FAQ: How can I help to protect the environment during the winter months?

Have more questions? Submit a request


Please sign in to leave a comment.