Frequent Questions

Where can I find information about working with pesticides, including current Agriculture Worker Protection Standards?

EPA’s Office of Pesticides Program (OPP) provides information and guidance for people working with pesticides:

If you suspect pesticide poisoning, note that time is critical with any pesticide poisoning – get immediate help from a local hospital, physician, or poison control center.

If you have additional questions, you can contact the Office of Pesticide Programs.

You may also wish to contact the National Pesticide Information Center (NPIC), an EPA-sponsored hotline which provides a variety of impartial information on all pesticides. NPIC provides chemical, health and environmental information on the 600+ active ingredients incorporated into over 50,000 different pesticide products, toxicological information, product label information, cleanup and disposal procedures, and general information on the regulations of pesticides in the United States. The NPIC also receives complaints about pesticides and pesticide applications. 

National Pesticide Information Center (NPIC) Exit 
Phone: 1-800-858-7378 


Have more questions? Submit a request


Please sign in to leave a comment.