Frequent Questions

Where can I get information about animal feeding operations and animal waste?


See Agriculture: Animal Production for an overview of the waste issues associated with Animal Feeding Operations (AFOs).

Nutrient Pollution is one of the main effects of animal waste.

Contact the Ag Center: For more information about animal waste management and animal feeding operations, you can contact the EPA National Agricultural Compliance Assistance Center, also known as the Ag Center.

Also see information about wastewater discharges from AFOs.

You may wish to contact the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) program directly if you have more in-depth questions:

NPDES Animal Feeding Operations Contacts

Have more questions? Submit a request


Please sign in to leave a comment.