Frequent Questions

How can I get my tap water tested?

If your home is served by a municipal water system, you can expect to receive an annual Consumer Confidence Report (CCR) that contains information about source water, contamination, and drinking water regulations. This report should be delivered by July 1st of each year.  

After you’ve read this report, you may wish to test for specific contaminants (such as lead) that can vary from house to house, or any other contaminant you’re concerned about. EPA does not test individual homes, and cannot recommend specific laboratories to test your drinking water.

States certify water testing laboratories.

If you have additional questions:

Have more questions? Submit a request


Please sign in to leave a comment.