Information about water quality criteria and standards is available from the Office of Science and Technology (OST) within the Office of Water. Additionally, this office offers access to information about laws and regulations, water quality tools, health advisories, industrial water pollution controls, and training and financial assistance.
- Office of Science and Technology – Water Science
- Water Quality Criteria
- Standards for Water Body Health
- Federally Promulgated Water Quality Standards for Specific States, Territories, and Tribes
- Water Quality Technical Resources – includes information about federal and state-level requirements
- Training About Water Quality Standards and Criteria
The National Recommended Water Quality Criteria presents a summary table containing recommended water quality criteria for the protection of aquatic life and human health in surface water for approximately 150 pollutants.
You may also wish to review the Safewater FAQs
For additional information, please contact: