When searching the EPA Web site we recommend you start with the search box at the top of each EPA Web page. Some of the Web pages allow you to specify if you would like to search "All EPA" Web sites or limit it to "This Area" of the Web site.
Other useful ways to search and browse the EPA Web site:
- Advanced Search
- Advanced Search Help tips
- Environmental Topics: outlines many of the topics within EPA
- EPA A to Z Index: terms and keywords that our Web visitors frequently search for
- Frequent Questions for Specific EPA Programs/Topics: EPA maintains answers to frequent questions about many topics in searchable databases
- Web archive
- Hotlines for specific environmental topics
- Your environment by ZIP code
- Publications in the National Service Center for Environmental Publications (NSCEP) catalog or order publications online
- Science activities and scientific and technical products conducted by EPA and through EPA-funded assistance agreements in the Science Inventory.
If you are still unable to locate information, you may want to search USA.gov, a useful search tool for identifying additional resources from among the many U.S. Federal agencies.
You can also use your choice of online search engines such as Google, Yahoo or others. We recommend reading the advanced search tips for the search engine you are using prior to searching in order to optimize your search. Exit