Frequent Questions

What do I need to do if I want to import a car or have a personal vehicle shipped back to the United States?

For information concerning importing a vehicle, engine or engine-driven equipment into the United States, see: Importing Vehicles and Engines

EPA Requirements for Importers and Exporters has information about import/export requirements for vehicles, engines, and fuels and fuel additives, as well as chemical substances, hazardous wastes, plumbing products, and scrap metals.

Contact the EPA Imports Team:

There is also a Web site maintained by the U.S. Customs Service that has information on importing a vehicle. See: Importing a Motor Vehicle.

Have more questions? Submit a request


Please sign in to leave a comment.