Information on heat pumps is available from the following Web pages:
- U.S. Department of Energy: Heat Pumps: learn about the benefits of using a heat pump as well as selecting, installing, operating and maintaining one.
- Energy Saver: Heat Pump Systems
- Heat Pumps for Consumers: ENERGY STAR provides a list of ENERGY STAR certified heat pumps and advice on how to hire a contractor.
Consumers who install heat pumps can be eligible for financial assistance and tax credits:
- EERE's Financial Opportunities for Consumers
- ENERGY STAR: Federal Tax Credits for Consumer Energy Efficiency
- Where can I find information about tax credits or other financial assistance for alternative energy projects?
If you have concerns about heat pumps and groundwater quality, you may contact the Office of Ground Water and Drinking Water:
Office of Ground Water and Drinking Water (4601)
Ariel Rios Building
1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20460-0003
You can also submit questions at the Ground Water and Drinking Water Frequently Asked Questions Database