Frequent Questions

Several people have become ill in my area. What do I do if I believe the environment is causing cancer in my community?

Local or state health departments, along with cancer registries, respond to cancer cluster questions and have the most current local data. The federal role in cancer cluster response is limited. Sometimes, if needed, states request technical advice from the following federal agencies: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR), and EPA.

Please visit the following non-EPA government Web sites for further information about cancer clusters, including who to contact for assistance:

You may also contact your state health or environmental agency for information or assistance:

Have more questions? Submit a request


Please sign in to leave a comment.