Frequent Questions

Where can I locate information about forestry and forest management or the timber industry?

Please see, Agriculture: Forestry for information about environmental requirements relating specifically to establishments that operate timber tracts, tree farms, forest nurseries, and related activities, such as reforestation services and the gathering of gums, barks, balsam needles, maple sap, Spanish moss, and other forest products.

Contact EPA's National Agriculture Center:

  • Email:
  • Phone: 1-888-663-2155
  • Fax: 913-551-7270
  • By mail: 
    EPA National Agriculture Center
    Mail Code: AGCT
    300 Minnesota Ave
    Kansas City, Kansas 66101 

We also recommend that you contact the U.S. Department of Agriculture - Forest Service for information on deforestation:

USDA Forest Service
1400 Independence Ave., SW
Washington, DC 20250-0003

Phone: (202) 205-8333
Forest Service Online Contact Form

Have more questions? Submit a request


Please sign in to leave a comment.