Frequent Questions

How do I find information about the shipping or transfer of solid waste to landfills in my state?

The Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) is the public law that creates the framework for the proper management of hazardous and nonhazardous solid waste. See also, Summary of RCRA.

Many states are authorized to operate the RCRA Program in their own state.

The State Authorization Tracking System (StATS) documents this.

Also see: RCRA in Focus: Hazardous Waste Generator Guidance by Industry

If you need additional information about RCRA or waste issues, you may wish to visit the RCRA FAQs Database.

Have more questions? Submit a request


Please sign in to leave a comment.