Frequent Questions

Where can I find information about car salvage yards? How do I report unlicensed salvage yards in my community?

For general information about pollutants from car storage and salvage areas, you may want to visit the following:

Report environmental violations: If you suspect a possible violation of environmental regulations, please use the online tip form to submit a report. The information you submit will be forwarded to EPA environmental enforcement personnel or to the appropriate regulatory authority.

Because automobile storage and salvage yards may also be regulated at the state and local level, you may also want to contact your state environmental agency to report a possible violation, or to learn about local permitting and licensing requirements:

Directory of state environmental agencies

Have more questions? Submit a request


Please sign in to leave a comment.